Details Regarding Participation in this Fundraiser
This project is brought to you by a partnership with READYFOR, Inc. (“READYFOR”). The following matters are different from previous projects held on fundFlyer. Please read them thoroughly before participating in this project.
- This project combines JPY donated through READYFOR with BTC (converted into JPY at the time of donation) from supporters on fundFlyer. The project will be established when the combined total reaches the target amount. The combined total amount is displayed on the READYFOR crowdfunding page. To make donations by credit card or through a wire transfer, please use READYFOR.
- Donations made through fundFlyer for this project go to the University of Tsukuba, a national university of Japan. As such, donations may be tax deductable.
- Personal information registered on fundFlyer (the customer’s name, address, and email address) will be shared with READYSHARE after the payment has been completed. Any feedback sent to READYFOR through fundFlyer will be displayed as “(customer’s initials); fundFlyer donator.” If the project is successfully funded (“established”), the necessary personal information will be shared with the project owner to be used for sending gifts and receipts.
- Regardless of whether the project reaches its target amount or not, donations can not be canceled once they have been made.
- If the total combined donations do not reach the target amount by 11 PM on April 27, 2018 (JST), READYFOR will return the JPY equivalent of the donated BTC (calculated at the point in time that the donation was made). If the customer has a bank account registered to their bitFlyer account, we will share it with READYFOR to make the return. bitFlyer will give the appropriate support for the aforementioned repayment procedures, but we make no guarantees regarding repayment. READYFOR is wholly responsible for these repayment procedures.
- If the project is established, a 15% fee will be taken from the total amount collected (in JPY) and the remainder will go to the project owner.
The profit generated in Bitcoin is subject to taxation as miscellaneous income. Therefore, any profit generated in Bitcoin donations, regardless of success or failure, are considered to be subject to taxation. For more details on the taxation of miscellaneous income, please see the National Tax Agency JAPAN website.
For the advice written above, bitFlyer makes no guarantees and holds no responsibility for the handling of any individual’s taxes. For definitive information on the handling of taxes, please consult with your local tax office or a licensed tax accountant.
It is possible to make donations to this project using a Bitcoin wallet from another company. However, payments made from an expired Bitcoin address from another company will not be accepted. In that situation, that Bitcoin can not be received by READYFOR. The payment will not be completed, and the customer’s Bitcoin will be returned.
For this project, the donated Bitcoin is converted to JPY at the time of the donation. This may cause remainders in excess of 1 yen. In such a case, the remainders are donated to the project.
For inquiries related to donations handled by Readyfor (credit card or bank transfer), please contact them at email@example.com (Readyfor executive office).